Windham Area Dollars for Scholars:
Applying for Scholarships
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Apply online at https://windhamct.dollarsforscholars.org
Windham Area Dollars for Scholars offers graduating seniors that live in Windham or Columbia or attend Windham High School the opportunity to apply for scholarships that can be used at 2 or 4-year colleges and universities and at technical schools and trade or medical certification programs.
- Two Renewable 2-year college scholarships available
- Four Renewable 4-year college scholarships available
- Two scholarships available for students going into the trades.
- Multiple One Time scholarships available
Go to our website to apply for our scholarships. You must fill in all the sections (except extenuating circumstances if you do not have any) and send a request for transcript to your guidance counselor and for a reference to a teacher or other adult of your choice. If you do not fill out all sections of the profile, your point total and scholarship availability decrease. https://windhamct.dollarsforscholars.org
Please make sure to complete your profile before applying for scholarships to make sure you are given all the scholarships for which you can apply. As we receive donations this spring, more scholarships are available so check each month to see if there are additional scholarships for which you can apply.
Step 1: Register
- Go to https://windhamct.dollarsforscholars.org and click on the “Students & Parents” tab. Download the instructions for applying. Click on the blue “Click to Login” button.
- Next, click on the “Don’t have an account yet? Create one here.” Link.
- Follow the directions to Search for your high school and then click “Choose This School.”
- Fill in all of the Basic Information fields with the required information. Use your email for login, not your parents’ email because your email becomes your user name. Read terms and the conditions and check box to agree. When you are finished, click “Submit.”
- After submitting the information, the system sends an email with your login information to your profile email address. If you do not see this email in your inbox within a few minutes, please check your junk/spam folders. If you did not receive this email, please click on the grey “Support” button on the bottom left of the login page to request your login information.
Step 2: Fill out the Application
- Log in on https://public.dollarsforscholars.org/ or the address found in the email. Use your email and the temporary password. A box appears for changing your temporary password. Create a password you can remember. Save it. This log in and password allows you to fill in the information needed to apply for Windham Area Dollars for Scholars scholarships as well as national scholarships.
- Write down your username and password somewhere you can find them later. You will need them several times this year to log in to check for new scholarships, apply, see and accept awarded scholarships, and give info on which college you are going to attend.
- Click on Save and Continue, then click on “Work on Profile” button to get started.
The first section of your profile appears. Finish completing all the double starred (**) items in order to submit the form and you must complete the single starred (*) items to move your progress towards 100%. If you live in Columbia, when it asks town – put Columbia. When it asks for district, put Windham Public Schools because Columbia Public Schools is not an option. All other items are helpful in matching to scholarships, but optional. When finished click Save and Continue
- Notice the progress bars under My Information. The color next to each section of the profile indicates the level of completeness of that section. Red=not started Yellow=partially completed Green=completed Be complete and accurate. This will lead to more scholarship opportunities.
- Periodically click on Save and Continue to make sure you do not lose your work.
- You can logout at any time by clicking on Save and Go To Dashboard. Log back in using your username and password when you are ready to continue working on profile.
Step 3: Submit your Application
- On the My Scholarships page, click the “Verify Eligiblility” button to search for your eligible scholarships. All scholarships you are eligible for will appear in the box below the button.
- Some scholarships require additional information from you before you will be able to submit. Click the indicated active Questions or References buttons, complete the information and click “Apply” You MUST click the “Apply” button next to each scholarship matched to you to be eligible to receive that scholarship. Do not apply for national scholarships until your profile is complete unless the scholarship deadline is near.
- Be sure to check the “My Scholarships” and “My Opportunities” sections often as scholarships open and close all the time.
Questions & Help
If at you have questions about the application or scholarships available, contact: Nancy Pettitt at (860) 456-8179 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need technical assistance with the application, please contact Scholarship America’s technical support by clicking on the grey “Support” button.